Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr in Orlando, Florida
Description: LM Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) has a requirement for a Systems Engineer to provide support to the Lockheed Martin F-35 ALIS Network Engineering and Site Activation program team. This RMS position deals with shipboard and shore based Interoperability and F-35 ALIS Ship/Site Activation process associated with F-35 customer sites – both foreign and domestic. Position requires strong working knowledge of US Government IT infrastructure policies and procedures. Also requires strong working knowledge of US Government IT infrastructure policies and procedures. The position also requires strong ALIS software and hardware experience along with production and administrative procedures for a highly visible IT enabled Logistics system. Position will also assist with the design and sustainment of multiple F-35 site activations with emphasis on systems applications networks, interoperability, analysis, information security, and facility design.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a Systems Engineer Sr at the LM facility in Orlando, FL Engineering and Operations team
- Reviewing systems schematics, diagrams, and other program documentation to assist with development and preparation of cost estimates and equipment installation
- Designing and coordinating hardware installations with customer personnel, LM lines of business, and other industry partners.
- Generating system documentation including: Diagrams, Rack Elevations, Plate/Panel Details, Electrical load specification, and HVAC heat load.
- Troubleshooting both LM and industry partner designated program equipment and supporting network and computer equipment
- Field testing of LM and industry partner program equipment
- Project Management
- Provide technical training and supervision to teammates and clients.
- Provide technical assistance to clients relating to operation, use, and maintenance of LM/GFE workstations and network equipment
- Work with customers and internal personnel to manage related IT Ship/Site Activation projects and provide customer service and technical support
- Work with COMSEC Management Plans to support the F-35 ALIS program – both foreign and domestically.
- Coordinate with the ALIS Network Engineering and Site Activation Lead Engineer for multiple locations, including; technician specifications, interface control, interoperability concepts, deployment, and production support to include; inventory and administrative information tracking, maintenance tracking, and vendor management.
- Provide tiered troubleshooting within the scope of a Problem Management and Network Management System in support of JSF ALIS problem management and escalation
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET Security clearance
- Ability to travel 25-50%.
-Experience with US Government Shipboard and Shore Based Systems, Networks and legacy systems
- Ability to travel to other sites; both foreign and domestic, will be required.
- Demonstrated PC and networking skills, including Skype, conferencing servers.
- Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks
- Ability to travel approximately 5 to 15 days/ month
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Driven by quality customer service
- Communicate effectively both in a written and verbal manner with management, customers, and subordinates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or Information Technology, associated with Architecture, Construction and Collaborative systems interoperability.
- Current active SECRET security clearance
-Demonstrated ability to provide high-level network, systems administration and technology management.
- Experience with development of Standard Operating Instruction and other training skills and training material development experience
-Expertise developing and maintain training materials.
-Excellent executive management presentation skills
-Strong project management skills
- Experience utilizing vendor relationships to support Extranet expansion and technology refresh.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.