Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr in Orlando, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for a Systems Engineer on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Training Systems Program. The candidate will be responsible for release management duties and will be responsible for the release of all software to the customer once it has completed validation.
- Planning and coordinating Engineering Change Proposals for Pilot Training Devices software and hardware releases
- Maintaining multiple detailed schedules with all release information for each customer
- Coordination of all required resources to support tasking (including personnel and assets)
- Coordinating tasks through implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment for all releases
- Communicating to all levels the status of media prep activities for each delivery
- Delivering the product on time, and usually under a compressed schedule
- Ensuring that the customer has received the delivery and resolving any issues
- Managing and resolving sustainment field issues as they arise
- Occasional travel required
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Must have a current Secret security clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years.
- Experience with hardware/software integration
- Experience with project management
- Strong planning, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment
- Experience with COTS equipment and system integration
- Experience with full mission simulators
- Experience with software development and design
- Experience with information technology (including systems and network administration)
- Experience handling ITAR information
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.