Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
With minimal supervision of senior personnel, the Systems Engineer will test and document mechanical, electronic and software assemblies and systems in the development and production phases. Responsibilities include:
- test planning, test setup, test execution, and post-test analysis and documentation
- lead system troubleshooting exercises to include causal analysis and corrective action implementation
- serve as a liaison to the Software, Systems, Manufacturing and Test organizations during all phases of product development and production
- setup, operate and maintain test equipment
- participate in trade studies of alternate product design solutions and provide the impact of these alternate solutions on test control equipment
The Systems Engineer is expected to be an active participant in the decision making process.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Desired Skills: - Writing system test plans and procedures for strategic missile systems
- Design and analysis of electrical and mechanical systems for strategic missile systems
- Software development and test
- Hardware and software integration and test
- Proficiency in presentations and written communications
- Bachelors degree or above from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Leading technical teams
- Design and analysis of electrical or mechanical equipment
- Testing or troubleshooting of electrical or mechanical equipment
- Technical writing
- Presentations to external organizations
- Active DoD Secret security clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.