Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering Manager in Orlando, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Rotary and Mission System (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
TLS Systems Engineering is looking for a leader who will provide vision, leadership, and coordination of a diverse workforce in the Training and Simulation Solutions market. This manager will oversee the Rotary, LVC and Ground Training teams.
This organization is a Systems Engineering and project engineering group responsible for oversight, development and coordination of workforce planning, developing employees, adherence to systems engineering processes and program performance. Systems Engineering shares in the oversight of technical and programmatic aspects of executing programs which requires close coordination and partnering across multiple Centers of Excellence, Program and Chiefs offices.
The selected individual will report directly to the Director of Systems Engineering. The position is in Orlando, Florida. Some travel may be required to our extended staff at offsite locations.
- Minimum 10 years of technical experience with demonstrated expertise in complex systems development/integration
- Experience leading technical teams
- Demonstrated technical depth and breadth in Systems Engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate complex technical and programmatic issues to subordinates, peers, management and customers
- Experience with resolving technical challenges requiring integration with cross-functional teams.
- Experience generating Basis-Of Estimates (BOEs) and providing proposal support.
- Experience communicating program issues/status to customers, contractors and/or upper management and building relationships
- Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives.
- It is desired that the candidate has experience in Risk Management principles and Cost Savings initiatives.
- It is desired that the candidate has demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple efforts concurrently
- EVMS/CAM experience
- Previous leadership experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.