Lockheed Martin Aviation Technician/ Avionics in Owego, New York
Description: Performs aircraft maintenance on S92 aircraft to include inspection, operational test, removal, replacement, repair, and modification of aircraft and/or aircraft systems and components. Applies technical knowledge and experience to solve problems and to troubleshoot and repair aircraft discrepancies. Evaluates work processes performed by team members, provides technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to personnel in area of responsibility.
EXPERIENCE: Eight years experience maintaining aircraft avionics/electrical systems including avionics corrosion detection, treatment, and prevention. Must have two years’ experience maint
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, manuals, instructions, and directives. Works closely with Crew Leader, and Maintenance Coordinator for work assignments, keeping them informed of the status of work in progress in areas of responsibility.
2. Evaluates aircraft discrepancies to identify methods of repair and/or replacement. Identifies necessary parts, materials, and tooling requirements for completion of assigned maintenance tasks.
3. Ensures that all parts/components removed from an aircraft in work are properly documented by a valid Maintenance Action Form and Job Control Number, ensuring repairable, serviceable, or unserviceable parts are properly tagged and turned in and/or disposed of.
4. Read, interpret, and utilize manufacturers' maintenance manuals, service bulletins, Maintenance Engineering Directives, Maintenance Requirement Cards, Technical Directives, schematics, drawings, blueprints, charts and other applicable publications to replace, repair, test and modify assigned avionics/electrical systems and components.
5. Monitors, evaluates, inspects, and validates work in progress and completed tasks ensuring established standards of workmanship, safety, quality, and production are met.
6. Performs tasks in compliance with all applicable programs including Safety, Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Communications, Corrosion Control, and Tool Control programs.
7. Ensures compliance with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, site, work center, and job assignment.
8. Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required for training of personnel in lesser grade classifications in area of responsibility. Demonstrates job procedures, safe practices, and conducts on the job training.
9. Assist as directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of government / company owned equipment
10. Deals with the customer in courteous, professional and effective manner.
11. Participates in the proper maintenance and cleanliness of spaces and facilities.
12. Work harmoniously with other employees promoting teamwork and cooperation.
13. Make recommendations to management to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and/or cut costs.
14. Performs the duties and responsibilities of the classifications of lesser grade personnel in area of responsibility.
15. Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required for training of personnel in the same or lesser grade classifications in area of responsibility. Demonstrates job procedures and conducts on the job training.
16. Provides and maintains own hand tools as prescribed by minimum tool list. '
17. Completes applicable maintenance forms.
18. Operates ground support equipment.
19. Orders parts and materials.
20. Identifies and treats corrosion.
21. Performs aircraft jacking and hoisting as required.
22. Performs the certification and re-certification of applicable avionics systems.
23. Performs the calibration of directional guidance systems.
24. Needs to be able to abide by all security protocols in accordance
25. Be able to obtain a plane captain qualification within 120 days of your hire date.
26. Performs other related duties as required.
Desired Skills: A&P License preferred
EXPERIENCE: Eight years experience maintaining aircraft avionics/electrical systems including avionics corrosion detection, treatment, and prevention. Must have two years’ experience maintaining S-92 avionics/electrical systems.
Must be able to meet any Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
Knowledge of S-92 avionics systems
Knowledge of technical manuals and service bulletins
Must be able to work multiple shifts and weekends in support of program needs
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Yankee White clearance to perform job.
EDUCATION: Graduation from high school or (GED).
Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces aircraft avionics school or other schools with equivalent curriculum.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.