Lockheed Martin Calibration Technician / Owego in Owego, New York
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Position will require personnel to independently perform non-routine and moderately complex work assignments within the MST Metrology organization. Employee will be required to develop the skills and abilities to perform the duties of a calibration technician in all functional disciplines of calibration in MST Owego’s Metrology Department. Technical assistance and guidance will be provided on special assignments or new lines of work.
- Calibrate and evaluate the need for repair of general purpose electronic test equipment including, but not limited to: signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and frequency counters.
- Calibrate and evaluate the need for repair of various other disciplines of test equipment including, but not limited to: RF power, microwave and high frequency, temperature, and dimensional measurements.
- Support the organization in sustaining compliance to ISO 17025 and ANSI Z540.3 standards.
- Support the Metrology effort of the department through initiation of calibration procedure reviews, suggestion of more efficient methods, and validation of new procedures.
- Complete and maintain accurate records in and evaluate reports from the calibration management database.
- Maintain skill proficiency through metrology/calibration training courses; stay current on technical advances and measurement theories
- Manage personal tasks to ensure timely customer support and requirements
- Support the Metrology Department in identifying and leading potential process improvement events
- Provide direction and guidance to lower level employees
Desired Skills: - Physical Dimensional calibration experience.
- Experience with Electrical/Electronic Calibrations
- Training and experience in RF/Microwave calibration.
- Familiarity with monitoring Quality Processes and assuming a lead role during internal audits
- Experience with the use and troubleshooting of automated calibration software procedures: Met/CAL, SureCal, Agilent VEE, etc.
- Associate of Science in a related discipline, i.e. Electrical Engineering, Physics or other Sciences, or equivalent experience; or Completion of a DoD TMDE/Calibration training program and 8 years experience.
- 5-7 years direct calibration experience.
- Ability to follow general instructions on new lines of work or special assignments with limited guidance
- Considerable experience with the use and operations of general test equipment from a variety of metrological disciplines.
- Ability to utilize computer controlled automatic software and associated test equipment.
- Display competence in using computer programs for word processing and data manipulation, I.E. Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with statistical process control procedures.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.