Lockheed Martin Communciations Representative in Owego, New York
Description: This position is responsible for supporting communications activities associated with the RMS Owego site, as well as the Advanced Product Solutions portfolio, which includes mission processing, electronic warfare, laser sensor systems, and postal services products. This individual also supports the General Manager of the Owego site, with developing an employee, diversity& inclusion and community engagement rhythm, as well as aligning corporate and RMS key messaging.
The ideal candidate will develop strong partnerships with business leaders, providing strategic counsel as it relates to the most effective communications strategies and approaches. Collaboration is critical in this role, which involves project managing across communication functions (media relations, marketing, employee communications) to develop and execute communications plans to support business goals and strategy.
• Provides communications support for the General Manager of the Owego site
• Supports local media relations and outreach
• Develops executive engagement rhythm, memos, talking points, etc. for leadership engagements
• Manages regional Community Relations budgets and programming in conjunction with site General Manager and local leadership
• Serves as communications interface for robust STEM, D&I, employee network / employee resource group programming, and Business Services requests at the Owego site
• Occasional travel required
• Exceptional writing, editing and oral communications skills with the ability to convey highly complex information in clear, compelling ways
• Experience in developing and executing integrated strategic communications plans to support key internal and external stakeholders
• Communications experience in one or more of the following industries: Defense, Manufacturing, Technology
• Experience in a variety of communications disciplines including executive/employee communications, marketing, media, or community relations
• Excellent strategist with keen creative instincts and expertise influencing leadership thinking in strategic communication and issues management
• Ability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and executive leadership.
• Familiarity with contemporary communications trends and industry techniques
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.