Lockheed Martin End User Experience Site Lead in Owego, New York
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking an End User Experience Site Lead to support the Rotary and Mission Systems campus in Owego, NY. Areas of support to include End User Services and technology-related activities. Successful candidate must be someone who has a proven high performing track record, seeks out opportunities for process improvement, and implements creative solutions. Responsibilities include:
• Guide the End User Services team in delivering business commitments; aligning the team focus, priorities and accountabilities, managing complexities, minimizing risk, tracking progress/status and always aiming to maximize output value to the business.
• Position the End User Services team to complete infrastructure projects, service orders, repair and maintenance tickets, on time or within Service Level Agreements.
• Serve as a primary point of contact representing End User Services in Owego for stakeholders and customers as it relates to desktop and print services.
• Ensure sufficient consumables, tools, hardware and other means are available to position local teams for meeting objectives.
• Lead continuous process improvement and work with internal teams to constantly create greater values for our end-users, customers, and stakeholders.
This position is located in Owego, NY and is not a telecommuting position.
• Experience in an IT customer service environment supporting Windows desktop and high-end engineering tools.
• Experience interfacing with customers, IT management and vendors; effectively representing the IT support organization.
• Possess advanced technical knowledge of HP Desktop Hardware configuration, Microsoft Windows 7/10, MS Office Applications (Office 365), Mac Support, Mobile Device Management (AirWatch), iOS, SCCM, Active Directory
• Experience working with vendor resources and internal resources
• Ability to provide support outside of core business hours as needed including on-call support
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) business
• Proven analytical project requirement management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced and fluid environment
• Working knowledge of server architecture and administration.
• Working knowledge of Networking devices and other infrastructure components (to include Wireless technologies).
• Possess the ability to learn and support new technology quickly
• Ability to interact with senior management and technical people at a variety of levels as well as ability to address technical issues with both technical and non-technical associates
• Experience with Powershell scripting
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.