Lockheed Martin Firmware Engineer in Owego, New York
Description: Lockheed Martin is looking for a Staff Firmware/FPGA Engineer in Owego, NY. Responsibilities include:
-Performing Design Architecture activities for various programs and IRAD projects
-Ability to perform FPGA/Firmware architecture and design
-General knowledge of standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, and spectrum analyzers
-Working with Hardware Engineering Team to complete Hardware Development, Simulation and Verification for digital signal processing and general processing projects
-Supporting Integrated Product Teams, Engineering Project Manager, and Program Office staff to meet all customer objectives and program milestones.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this position.
Our positions offer relocation, competitive salaries, PTO, 401K and potential sign on bonus
Voted as the “coolest small town in America,” Owego boasts a laid back, casual vibe in the midst of the beautiful Catskill Mountains.
With approximately 20,000 residents, Owego offers a variety of activities and amenities while retaining that cool, small town feel. Whether you enjoy exploring local breweries, antiquing for lost treasures, sipping coffee at a riverside cafe, or hiking the scenic Catskill Mountains, Owego has something for everyone. In addition to its convenient location along the Southern Tier highway, Owego’s low cost of living has a median home price of $136,500 (compared to $216,200 nationally). While Owego itself maintains that small town feel, a short drive will get you to Syracuse (1.5 hrs.), Niagara Falls (3.5 hrs.), Philadelphia (3.5 hrs.), or NYC (also 3.5 hrs. away).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9-12 years of professional experience designing FPGAs using System Verilog/Verilog/VHDL; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Applied knowledge of either the Altera or Xilinx FPGA devices and their associated application environments.. Considered an emerging authority.
- Candidates to have excellent oral and written communication skills and work well in small teams.
- Electronic Warfare experience
- Digital Signal Processing knowledge
- Candidate should demonstrate practical experience with implementation of proofs, test requirements, and certification requirements
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.