Lockheed Martin Hardware Engineer Staff in Owego, New York
Description: Lockheed Martin is looking for a Staff Hardware Engineer in Owego, NY. Responsibilities include:
-Performing Hardware Security Design Architecture activities for various programs and IRAD projects
-Ability to perform Board/FPGA/Firmware architecture and design is desirable
-Working with Hardware Engineering Team to complete Hardware Development, Simulation and Verification for digital signal processing and general processing projects
-Supporting IPT teams, EPM and Program Office staff to meet all customer objectives and program milestones.
Our positions offer relocation, competitive salaries, PTO, 401K and potential sign on bonus for well qualified applicants.
Voted as the “coolest small town in America,” Owego boasts a laid back, casual vibe in the midst of the beautiful Catskill Mountains. With approximately 20,000 residents, Owego offers a variety of activities and amenities while retaining that cool, small town feel. Whether you enjoy exploring local breweries, antiquing for lost treasures, sipping coffee at a riverside cafe, or hiking the scenic Catskill Mountains, Owego has something for everyone. In addition to its convenient location along the Southern Tier highway, Owego’s low cost of living has a median home price of $136,500 (compared to $216,200 nationally). While Owego itself maintains that small town feel, a short drive will get you to Syracuse (1.5 hrs.), Niagara Falls (3.5 hrs.), Philadelphia (3.5 hrs.), or NYC (also 3.5 hrs. away).
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical/computer Engineering or related field
- Candidate must demonstrate practical experience with implementation of proofs, testing requirements, and certification requirements
- Working knowledge of current public cryptographic techniques (AES, DSA, SHA, etc.) and certification requirements. Implementation of complex cryptographic algorithms with the ability to debug/enhance current designs.
- Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must lead small groups of teams for technical execution on programs, and ability to work with program/functional management to meet objectives of entire program.
This position requires US Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain DoD Top Secret, SCI, and SAP/SAR clearances.
- Digital Architecture, Intel/PowerPC processor design & architecture and high speed digital circuit design including (e.g. PCIe, Ethernet)
- Experience in Security Risk Assessment/analysis support.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.