Lockheed Martin Orion Displays and Controls Software System Engineer in Owego, New York
Description: Are you interested in being part of the next best adventure? Make a difference in human space exploration. NASA is sending humans to Mars and Lockheed Martin is building the spacecraft for these missions. Lockheed Martin has had vehicles on Mars since 1976 and has sent robotic vehicles throughout the solar system. Now we are leading the way for human deep-space exploration. Come grow your career and explore with us – join the Orion team that builds the software for the next generation of human space exploration vehicles. Exploration Mission -2 will be the first crewed mission beyond Earth Orbit since Apollo – come join us on this mission to return humans to deep space.
This opening is for a Senior Software Engineer for the Lockheed Martin Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPVC) Displays and Controls (DAC) Team in Owego, NY. In this role you will be working in the development and test of software throughout the entire software development cycle and working in a collaborative team environment. The team is currently focused on software requirements development for DAC in preparation for the Exploration Mission -2 Critical Design Review (CDR) later this year and Integrated Design Review (IDR) in the Sprint of 2019.
Learn more about Orion at:
• Requirements Development / Systems Engineering experience
• Experience utilizing an integrated development environment (e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studio)
• Experience with Object Oriented Software Design
• A demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and leverage those to successfully complete projects in a timely manner is required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• The ability to work well in a team environment and independently is required.
• Proficiency with C / C++
• Python / Scripting Experience
• Test case, procedure development and execution experience
• Experience with software integration and debugging techniques
• Linux / Unix experience
• Experience with Software Configuration Management tools (such as Perforce, GIT, SVN, or equivalent)
• IBM ® Rational ® Rhapsody ® / Model-Driven software development
• IBM ® Rational ® DOORS ®
• Green Hills ® INTEGRITY ® / embedded real-time safety-critical software development
• NASA Orion program experience
• NASA core Flight System (cFS) experience
• IData ® Tool Suite
• OpenGL SC
• Experience working on an Agile Scrum team
• RTCA DO-178B/C experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.