Lockheed Martin Supplier Quality Engineer in Owego, New York
Description: Perform Quality Engineering related duties in support of the RMS Supplier Quality organization for product delivered to the Owego facility. Primary responsibility for Major Subcontracted items and high technical content commodities. Provide Quality Oversight of subcontractors, supporting selection, evaluation, and monitoring. Work with SPM community to ensure suppliers with poor quality ratings develop and execute credible Return To Green plans. Implement quality oversight plans including metrics, reporting, SDRL review, and product verification. Foster positive relationships with the subcontract management team and suppliers.
The role will also routinely include the tasking listed below:
• Review of program contractual and drawing requirements and support inspection activities based on applicable quality flow-down text per the purchase orders
• Providing hands on support to Receiving Inspection personnel on products involving a wide range of mechanical, electro-mechanical and electric disciplines.
• Close coordination with technical, program, procurement and production control and suppliers.
• Basic quality services including: verification of special processes, part acceptance planning, defect analysis, timely root cause and corrective action implementation for affected products.
• Making recommendations on potential supplier usage based on cost, inspection of facilities, risk assessments, and historical performance.
• Successful candidates will also need to provide reporting on HW and Supply Chain quality metrics utilized to manage SQA and supplier performance.
• Some travel will also be required.
Bachelors’ degree from and accredited college in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Aerospace, Electrical engineering or a related technical degree. Knowledge in P2P/COS. Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Good communication skills, both oral and written. Demonstrated knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Corrective/Preventive Action
Knowledge of and experience with Geometric Tolerancing & Dimensioning (GD&T). ISO 9001/AS9100 basics. Metrics reporting. Mechanical and electrical knowledge as related to drawings and inspection. Procurement/Supplier/Source inspection experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.