Lockheed Martin System Safety & Reliability Engineer Associate in Owego, New York
Description: Primarily responsible for developing and optimizing System Safety, Reliability, Maintainability & Availability / testability (RMA) approaches for systems, subsystems and components.
Specific tasks include:
• Ability to influence the complete product life cycle; requirements development, design, verification test, and sustainment based on program requirements by resolving Safety & RMA technical issues using analysis, data, industry practices, lessons learned, experimentation, trade studies and academic research.
• Ability to evaluate impact of environmental and operational factors directly related to Safety & RMA approach, analysis, and testing.
• Perform trade studies to optimize Safety & RMA performance, and total ownership cost.
• Allocate, derive and document Safety & RMA requirements and analysis including the application of Failure Modes & Effects Analysis / Criticality Analysis / Diagnostics Analysis (FMEA/FMECA/FMEDA), Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard Analysis, reliability analysis, initial built in test assessments & associated techniques to drive and refine the design.
• Ability to plan and perform Safety & RMA testing including Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) and utilize reliability growth models as part of an overall safety & reliability program.
• Implementation of Failure Reporting And Corrective Actions Systems (FRACAS) process and interpreting statistical data derived from physics of failure analysis & data to determine root cause and corrective actions to eliminate failure modes.
• Integration of safety, reliability, maintainability, and availability including Testability/Diagnostics with sustainment programs i.e Performance Based Logistics (PBL)
Conduct design analysis and system modeling, applying system engineering principles with emphasis on safety, reliability, maintainability and testability, systems diagnostics, and troubleshooting. Also will develop analytical solutions to tasks within the System Safety & RMA discipline. Needs to possess good communication skills for customer presentations and have the ability to work in a team environment as part of a multi-disciplined team effort involving many companies and customers.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline i.e. Engineering Degree (EE, ME, IE), Physics or Math degree.
Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Electrical Engineering, computers, software, aviation, statistics, micro electronics.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College