Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr in Owego, New York
Description: This requisition is for a mid-career Systems Engineering role within the RMS Missions Systems Engineering (MSE) Electronic Warfare (EW) organization supporting government airborne platforms. In general, the tasks involved in this position are highly technical and focused on electronic warfare; RF emitters and antennas, their use and limitations; and the computing systems that are used in this domain.
General tasks may include:
- Project lead for a small team of Systems Engineers
- Establishing system requirements
- Simulation programming in a development lab environment
- Mission Data Load (emitter) programming
- Development/Operational test data analysis
- Review and help execute test procedures
- Investigate problem trouble reports
- MATLAB algorithm/model development
- MATLAB scripts for test automation
- Support to customer test events
Lockheed Martin Owego provides Electronic Warfare Systems Engineering expertise for a wide variety of airborne platforms used by the Department of Defense and International military customers. The Owego campus has over 45 years supporting EW development with over 3000 systems developed and fielded Worldwide.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours’ drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, unique farm tours, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
- Experience and/or familiarity with any of the following systems: Electronic warfare, RF, radar or military communications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in MATLAB
- Strong communications skills required for interfacing with customers and users
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Strong math background
- Ability to communicate on all levels both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers; demonstrated technical leadership.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to work as a company engineering representative at customer locations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.