Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Engineer in Palmdale, California
Description: This position is for an experienced Aeronautical Engineer with Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works® Advanced Development Programs (ADP). The position supports LM Aeronautics - ADP as a lead Aeronautical Engineer for the Flight Control and Vehicle Management Systems (FC&VMS) integration team.
Position is for a Vehicle Management Systems (VMS) Subsystems & SIL IPT Lead. Specific experience with Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Supplier Technical Management, Team Leadership, Customer Engagement, EV/CAM Duties and Demo/Development experience.
Responsibilities include directing the technical activity of the Vehicle Management Systems & SIL technical teams. The candidate must be comfortable planning technical tasks, including associated cost and schedule estimates. Good leadership skills, good communication skills and strong interpersonal and presentation skills are highly desirable.
Must have good oral and written communication skills required as is the ability to adapt in a fast-paced team environment. Position may include some travel in support of testing, customer meetings, or intra-Lockheed Martin coordination. OT Anticipated
***Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.***
Bachelor Degree in a technical discipline with 20 plus years of experience OR a Masters degree in an engineering technical discipline with 18 plus years of experience.
-- Experience with Vehicle Management Systems
-- Experience in Team Leadership
-- Experience with Supplier Technical Management
-- Experience with Demo/Development
- Flight Control Systems/Vehicle Management System experience
- Experience with supplier selection and management (such as creating Equipment Requirement Document/ Specifications/Statement of Work and managing vendor selection and vendor performance)
- Flight simulation experience
- Hands-on experience with system build, system integration, and test
- Supersonic air vehicle experience
- Experience with VMS development lifecycle: architecture, requirements, design, development, integration, testing, and flight test
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- SECRET Clearance required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.