Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Engineering Manager in Palmdale, California
Description: -- Manager, Flight Control Software --
-- Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs --
Lockheed Martin is seeking a first-line manager of Flight Control Software in its historic ADP - Skunk Works® division.
Primary responsibility for all aspects of staffing to ADP programs in the discipline of Flight Control Software. Role requires defining staffing needs, selecting and assigning personnel to meet program needs, recruitment and selection of new employees, and terminations. Responsible for personnel management including training, mentoring, career development, performance and compensation, and promotions.
Secondary responsibilities may include the following:
- Support the development of technology plans and roadmaps
- Identify, pursue and manage internal and customer sponsored research and development programs
- Support ADP programs as an individual contributor providing direct technical support, proposal preparation, and program reviews
- Develop and manage tools, processes, training, and knowledge continuity efforts
- Prepare and deliver presentations to LM senior management and external customers.
Position may require travel to customer facilities and other LM sites. Good people skills as well as good oral and written communication skill are expected. A strong background in air vehicle development is expected. Experience as a manager with performance management and schedule /budget responsibility is desired. Experience with the complete vehicle development and test cycle is desired. Proposal development experience is desired. Flight control software development experience (modeling, simulation, and control law development) is desired. Significant experience in both full-scale aircraft development and technology research and development environments preferred.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. The ability to obtain a Top Secret and program special access clearances required.
- Bachelor (or above) degree in an engineering or related discipline
- Experience in an area of air vehicle development
- Experience leading a team
- Experience briefing customers or senior management
- Experience with research and development (IRAD, CRAD, etc)
- US Citizen
- Final Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret and obtain program access
Experience in flight control
Experience in stability and control
- Management experience
- Conceptual design experience
- Proposal development experience
- R&D project experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working ADP or similar programs, development through sustainment
- Current Top Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.