Lockheed Martin Associate Contracts Manager in Palmdale, California
Description: Serves as a Associate Contracts Manager for various classified ADP Contracts. The selected candidate will be responsible for a team of administrators that covers all facets of contracting, proposal development, negotiation, and contract administration. Due to the nature of research and development, and challenges with sustainment contracting activities, strategic contracting arrangements being proposed, negotiated and administered and the extensive interface with the classified customers, this position will require a multi-skilled individual with exceptional organizational and management skills.
The selected candidate will develop and apply advanced concepts, techniques, standards and solutions to unusually complex contracting issues, which requires a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation. Reviews and evaluates customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts. Provides risk assessments and offers alternative approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language. Evaluates and coordinates proposals, and investigates and reconciles significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, and schedules.
Manages the negotiation, administration, extension, termination, and renegotiations of all standard and nonstandard contracts. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Oversees the evaluation of contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations. Ensures communications are maintained for timely contract execution by all parties. Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
Candidate will be required to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a security clearance.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college
- Experience with all phases of contracts management
- FAR/DFARS knowledge and experience
- Experience working with multiple contract types for example (FFP, CPFF, T&M, CPIF, FPIF, etc.)
- Experience in MS Office applications
- Experience working at all levels of management including customer interface, internal/external
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college and at least 6 years contract experience
- Leadership experience including emphasis on mentoring and coaching
- Experience with Invoicing and Billing
- Self-starter who requires virtually no supervision.
- Ability to comprehend complex financial and business concepts, and evaluate/assess the “Business Deal”.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and achieve program goals and meet team deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to evaluate and understand the business aspects of RFPs, BAAs, SOWs and TDs to ensure business goals/commitments are achieved.
- Strong advocate and role model of Culture of Accountability (COA).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.