Lockheed Martin Electrical Engineer in Palmdale, California
Description: --Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program---SKUNK WORKS--
Expected to support team’s performance on project related to the analysis, design, and testing of aerospace and plasma physics experiments. Primary responsibilities will involve design and construction of pulsed power, high voltage, and data acquisition electronics to support fusion plasma physics experiments. Normal activities will include test procedure writing, performing hardware test & fault isolation and leading troubleshooting operations in a small fast, moving team. Requires use of MS Office software tools to compile data, reduce data, and generate reports. Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly desirable.
***Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.***
Desired Skills: - Experience with high power/voltage, pulsed power, or plasma physics systems preferred
- Experience in electronics, power systems, and/or data acquisition systems design and fabrication.
- Experience with laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, benchtop power supplies, LCR meters, equipment protection devices, and insulation testers.
- Experience with control systems design and implementation for power systems such as real-time controllers, FPGAs, and PID control.
- Experience in design and fabrication of hardware for high vacuum systems.
- Proficient with mathematical analysis tools such as MATLAB and circuit design and simulation tools such as LTSpice.
- Proficient with data acquisition systems design and programming tools like LabVIEW.
- Experience with electronics design software such as Eagle or Altium.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Familiarity with:
* Computer Aided Design (CAD),
* MS Office suite,
* Simulation software (such as Matlab/LTSpice)
- Able to work in a manufacturing and laboratory environment, including wearing radiation safety badge.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.