Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Senior Staff in Palmdale, California
Description: -Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program--
Lead of the subsystems IPT for a new vehicle design.
Design, analysis, and integration of various subsystem architecture such as; fuel, ECS, actuation systems, and electrical power for a new aircraft design. Interface with other disciplines and stakeholders to determine interfaces and systems requirements. Experience with design, analysis, integration and development of multiple aircraft systems. Individual must be able to oversee multiple systems and their design teams and maintain the overall vehicle systems architectures based on the aircraft mission requirements. Experience with the development of performance specification and statement of work (SOW) for vendor selection process. Interface with various suppliers for selection of candidate subsystem hardware. Integrate candidate subsystem hardware with the aircraft.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Top Secret security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
• Experience leading the design and integration of subsystems architectures.
• Experience with supplier management and procurement (such as SOWs, RFPs, and/or vendor management)
• Experience leading subsystems teams
• Experience working on proposals and estimating labor and schedules.
• CAM experience/training
• Experience with multiple subsystems architectures
• Experience generating subsystem layouts and designs.
• Experience leading teams.
• Self motivated and ability to work in a fast paced aircraft design environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience with leading a team of engineers
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.