Lockheed Martin Research Science Principle in Palmdale, California
Description: The candidate will support and lead efforts in High Frequency Radio Frequency (RF) Low Observable (LO) technologies, predictive analysis, signature optimization, prototyping, RCS measurements, data analysis, and flight test research activities. The candidate must have experience using Computational Electromagnetic Modeling (CEM) tools such as MM3D and SENTRi with a particular focus on XPatch or others High Frequency tools to predict and optimize the scattering of complex targets. The candidate should have experience managing advanced LO programs, leading technical teams, and mentoring junior engineers. Tasking will require coordination with other vehicle disciplines and as a result, clear communication skills are an absolute necessity. The candidate should have good presentation skills and be able to discuss technical project details appropriately with management and customer representatives. The candidate should be a recognized expert in the area of high frequency low observables.
***Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. ***
Desired Skills: • Masters degree or higher in the fields of engineering or physics
• Experience shaping and winning CRADs and Internal Research and Development funding
• Proven success at writing white papers and proposals
• Bachelor's or above degree in the fields of engineering or physics
• Experience with Computational Electromagnetic Modeling (CEM) tools such as MM3D, SENTRi, or X-Patch
• Experience leading advanced LO programs as either a Program Manager or LO lead
• Experience mentoring, training, and leading junior engineers in an effort to foster professional growth
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.