Lockheed Martin Senior Software Developer in Palmdale, California
Description: Support Engineering Manager by providing coordination and technical direction for software tasking execution, Earned Value Tracking, and program planning/scheduling. Responsible for cost, schedule and technical status on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to resolve conflicts and provide management with status of key issues that drive schedule, cost or technical impacts for projects within the program.
The candidate will be responsible for providing EVMS status for a number of cost accounts on a monthly basis. Responsible for coordinating key events such as proposal inputs and major reviews. The ability to collaborate with functional experts and generate action plans, conduct trade studies and resolve technical issues is a plus.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must have a Top Secret clearance to start.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or an Engineering/Technical discipline
• Experience with software engineering projects and/or project management
Demonstrated experience with the following:
• Excellent Computer Skills
• C++ or Java experience
• Proposal Preparation
• Earned Value Management experience
• Experience in program or project management
• Experience with SW CM and/or Data management
Must also demonstrate the following:
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Strong decision making and judgment
• Good Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with different engineering disciplines to achieve Program success
• Planning and schedule experience
• Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Ability to travel
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.