Lockheed Martin Software Development Engineer in Palmdale, California
Description: Responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, and integration and flight test.
This position requires experience with Airborne Software, and responsibilities may include interfacing with Air Vehicle SMEs and engineers to integrate the Avionics Hardware and software. Avionics software experience will include the following: vehicle control laws, vehicle ground movement, interface with flight/safety/mission critical communications, relative navigation, landing systems, navigation and mission critical stores.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access, must have the ability to get a Secret Clearance.
Desired Skills: Demonstrated experience (5 - 8 years) with the following:
• Windows or Linux development
• Service Oriented Architecture development or Distributed Programming
• Software AGILE process
• Development of Real-Time Operating Systems or Usage of Real-Time Systems
• Configuration, deployment, and creation of virtual machines, as well as development of software for virtual machines
• Configuration management
• Microsoft Visual Studio or Eclipse
• Microsoft Project, DOORS, Rational Rhapsody
• Designing, developing, and deploying network architecture
• Developing high volume or near real time graphical user interfaces and displays
• Integrating hardware and software
• C#, Python, and/or PERL
Must also demonstrate the following:
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Strong decision making and judgment
• Oral and written communication skills
• Basic financial and business acumen
• Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results for the business in partnership with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed
• Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/ solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Experience with programming software languages such as C++, Java, or a related language
• Experience with object oriented architectures and design (OOA, OOD, or OOA/D)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.