Lockheed Martin Software Development Engineer in Palmdale, California
Description: Be a part of the 75 year tradition of the Skunk Works! This is an entry-level position for the Mission Software team.
Responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, and integration and flight test.
Responsibilities may span the avionics services, to include ground station development as well as mission systems software technologies. Integration activities will include a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and an interim Secret clearance to start.
• Pursuing a Bachelors Degree from an accredited university in Software Engineering or a related technical degree
•Experience developing desktop or server-side applications or software for embedded systems
• Proficiency with C, C++, Java, or Python
Experience with the following:
• Windows or Linux development
• Object-oriented architecture and design
• The software development process in a team environment (peer reviews, unit testing, configuration management, defect tracking)
• Working with embedded environments such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi
Must also demonstrate the following:
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Strong decision making and judgment
• Oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/ solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Ability to travel
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
4 yr and up College