Lockheed Martin Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development Engineer in Palmdale, California
Description: The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program) is looking for world class talent in Mission Systems and Software to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75 year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
This position requires an experienced software engineer to lead a software development team. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with both the technical team and program leadership. The team uses a wide application of modern technical principles, theories, and concepts in the software field to develop, integrate, and test open mission systems software products that can be applied to air and ground based systems.
The candidate will be responsible for all phases of developing and maintaining mission system software. Candidate responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, integration and flight test, and adjudicating change requests as the software is updated, tested, and integrated.
The successful candidate will work with a high-performing multi-site, multi-program team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must have demonstrated effective communication skills as the position will require frequent inter-organizational and outside customer interactions. The ability to travel on occasion for team interaction and integration and test activities is required.
Demonstrated leadership experience is required. Experience with C/C++ is required. Experience with modular open mission systems architectures and Agile processes and tools is highly desired. The candidate must have experience with all phases of the Software Engineering Process from requirements generation, through development, integration, and test.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret security clearance to start.
Desired Skills: Experience with the following:
- Experience developing embedded software systems
- Experience developing software for air vehicle or mission systems
- Experience leading and managing software teams
- Experience developing, integrating, testing, and deploying one or more real-time applications
- Rhapsody or other model-based software development
- Integrating hardware and software
- Data Acquisition and telemetry systems
- Configuration management
- Agile software development
Experience with the following:
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Strong decision making and judgment
• Oral and written communication skills
• Basic financial and business acumen
• Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results for the business in partnership with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed
• Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/ solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Must be willing to mentor junior-level team members.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline
- Experience with C / C++
- Real time systems (RTOS) development experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.