Lockheed Martin Subcontract Management Senior Staff in Palmdale, California
Description: The Subcontract Management Sr. Staff will be proficient in supplier source selection, purchase order placement and administration at the program level. Duties include management of program personnel completing cost/price analysis, negotiations, documentation, purchase order maintenance and interface with functional organizations and supplier management. Additional duties include the development of subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services as well as preparation of bid packages, conducting bidders' conferences, analyzing and evaluating proposals, negotiating subcontract provisions, selecting or recommending subcontractors, writing awards, and administering resultant subcontracts. Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop new concepts, techniques and standards in subcontract policies and procedures. Considered an expert in the field within the organization and has sound knowledge of related disciplines. Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Expected to be a mentor to lesser experienced procurement professionals. Lead / Attend regularly scheduled program meetings, status subcontract management activities, as well as progress and status the Program Integrated Master Schedules. Travel may be involved.. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Power Point
• Experience in subcontract negotiation and management
• Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), and Department of Defense (DoD) programs
• Supply Chain Management experience
• Experience with Systems, Applications and Processes (SAP) or similar
• Excellent Communication Skills (verbal, written and presentation)
• Ability to multi-task with follow-up and follow providing Completed Staff Work
• Cross functional program experience
• Demonstrated mentoring skills and training experience
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, build consensus and shape/influence opinion
• Knowledgeable of Lockheed Martin Policies, Procedures, and Regulations
• Strong financial aptitude
• Cost Type Contracting knowledge
• Ability to organize and prioritize assignments
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to be flexible and accept change
• Capable of creating business justification and making business based decision
• Understanding of Government Procurement processes and regulations
• Cost / Price Analysis understanding
• Exposure with placing large dollar (>$700K) that are
TINA compliant (Truth in Negotiations Act)
Program and Earned value Management Experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.