Lockheed Martin Systems Architect in Palmdale, California
Description: This position is with the Advanced Development Programs U-2 Program in Palmdale, CA.
This position requires an experienced systems architect to work with software and avionics teams to define, develop and integrate Open Mission Systems (OMS) subsystems and capabilities. Hardware and software teams will be adopting modern technical principles, theories, and concepts to develop, integrate, and test open mission systems software products that must also integrate with legacy avionics functions, requiring adaptation and bridge development.
Candidate responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, integration and flight test, and adjudicating change requests as the software is updated, tested, and integrated. Integration activities with other team members will include multiple mission systems in laboratory environments and on the aircraft.
The successful candidate will work with a high-performing multi-site team requiring demonstrated effective communication skills as the position will require frequent inter-organizational and outside customer interactions. The ability to travel on occasion for team interaction and integration and test activities is required.
The candidate must have experience with all phases of the System/Software Engineering Process from requirements generation, through development, integration, and test along with recent work experience with embedded architectures, single board computers, hardware and software in the loop.
Travel may be required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret security clearance to start.
Desired Skills: Experience with the following:
- Experience with avionics subsystems
- Experience with all phases of the Systems/Software Engineering life-cycle
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communications skills
- Experience developing/directing network communication software
- Experience with network protocols, configuration and performance/troubleshooting tools
- Experience using networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Service Oriented Architecture Knowledge
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- XML based open standards knowledge
- Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Message Broker Technology (e.g. Active MQ,)
- Requirements generation and system interface development
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline
- Experience with embedded architectures
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.