Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Staff in Palmdale, California
Description: This position will be based out of the AF Plant 42, Site 2 facility located in Palmdale, California and be accountable to the LM Aero leadership at that site.
This position is to provide the technical expertise to maintain the flight test facility (FTF) and provide support for all FTF testing in support of validated U-2 requirements. In addition to flight test support, the selected candidate known as "Weapon System Integration Manager or WSIM" should be capable of performing configuration management, information systems security, system administration, network administration, facilities management, and system integration. The selected candidate will work under LM Aero supervision to ensure all related information assurance (IA) and Authorization & Accreditation (A&A) activities for the FTF Site 2 Palmdale occur in accordance with DoD 8500 series publications, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and other applicable governing publications. The WSIM shall work as a member of a team to evaluate new installations, existing configurations, create System Security Plans, Disaster Recovery Plan, Incident Response Plans and other artifacts as required to facilitate the A&A the FTF systems. The WSIM shall assist system engineers and system administrators to comply with vulnerability management program and secure systems, networks and applications. The WSIM shall conduct vulnerability scans, analyze scan findings and provide/ recommended fix actions to the responsible systems engineers/ Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). The WSIM, as part of the Cybersecurity team, shall prepare, submit, and/ or coordinate DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages for the FTF. The WSIM shall be able to evaluate new and existing system designs and recommend technical changes to improve security.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Desired Skills: - Strong domain knowledge of the AF Distributed Common Ground System (AF DCGS).
- Experience working in a government IPT environment.
- Experience working with multiple system baselines simultaneously
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Air Force processes to include Integrated Logistics Support and the DCGS configuration management baseline is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the accreditation of DoD systems using the Risk Management Framework (RMF). Ability to run security scans, analyze results, and make recommendations
- Knowledge of air-borne high altitude, medium and low altitude imaging sensors and platforms, associated communications protocols and the supporting metadata.
- Knowledge of various types of imaging sensors (EO, IR, SAR Hyper spectral, Multispectral) and knowledge of imagery processing techniques, exploitation capabilities and dissemination methods.
- Knowledge of Agile Processes and Open Architecture (OA) systems and designs is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products: VISIO, Project and PowerPoint
- Possess a current DOD 8570 Security+ certification or a willingness to obtain said certification within 90 days of hire
- A SME level understanding of the Systems Engineering Life cycle and processes.
- Strong communication, presentation, organization and people/customer skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of the requirements process, be able to perform forensics on requirements (e.g., form, fit, and function for software, hardware, communication systems)
- Ability to develop plans, procedures, and design artifacts in support of system accreditation and upgrades.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.