Lockheed Martin Cyber Security HW & SW Asset Engineer - Morrisville, NC in Raleigh, North Carolina
Description: Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting yet rewarding challenges as a Lockheed Martin Cyber Security professional. You’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Point of Sales Financial Assets, Critical infrastructure, Transportation, Automation and the uninterrupted flow of materials throughout the world which keeps our modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat prediction, detection and eradication before an adversary could gain a foot hold, using industry leading methodologies and tools. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the vast resources of Lockheed Martin Corporation to keep cyber threats at bay.
The candidate will be a member of the Lockheed Martin Cyber Solutions Team supporting a US Government and commercial customer. You will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. A network application security engineer who understands how the Hardware / Software Asset Management program of a large enterprise should work is needed to support the team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
Responsibilities include: Assessing security posture through performing network analysis, problem identification, and solution designs. Determine true threats, false positives and network system misconfigurations and provide solutions in a timely manner. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the analysis of tool outputs and providing recommendations for improving the overall security posture of the client.
• Clear understanding of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) • Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Cyber Program for Asset Management
• Develop, refine, and plan for future iterations of the Asset Management program
• Develop and enforce an authorized software program to expand Software • Management to build baseline and manage the changes within
• Ability to map application components to identify security problems and provide solutions
• Ability to review, produce and make recommended edits to Splunk Dashboards
• Analyze data imports into Splunk for accuracy and completeness; compare data from the various network security tools to identify overlaps and search for gaps
• Conduct initial triage assessments of findings from network security tools
• Engages with other internal and external forces to get and share information to improve processes and security posture
• Troubleshoots application connectivity and performance through log analysis and network captures, etc.
• CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more desired) CISSP, CEH, SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA or CCNP
• CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation - US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• Experience with Flexera/B|DNA, Splunk, BMC Atrium, ServiceNow, and enterprise network infrastructures
• Experience with ForeScout CounterACT, Cisco ISE, MobileIron, and Tanium
• Project planning experience
• Excellent writing skills
• Microsoft office suite of applications
• Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
• Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.