Lockheed Martin CyberSecurity Engineer - Splunk Service Engineer - Morrisville, NC in Raleigh, North Carolina
Description: Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting yet rewarding challenges as a Lockheed Martin Cyber Security professional. You’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Point of Sales Financial Assets, Critical infrastructure, Transportation, Automation and the uninterrupted flow of materials throughout the world which keeps our modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat prediction, detection and eradication before an adversary could gain a foot hold, using industry leading methodologies and tools. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the vast resources of Lockheed Martin Corporation to keep cyber threats at bay.
The candidate will be a member of the Lockheed Martin Cyber Solutions Team supporting a US Government and commercial customer. You will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
Responsible for providing consulting, training and hands-on-keyboard services for Splunk data integration, content development and user enablement for the CISO organization.
Desired Skills: • Experience with Splunk, BMC Atrium, ServiceNow, and enterprise network infrastructures
• Experience with Tenable Nessus, ForeScout CounterACT, Cisco ISE, MobileIron, and Tanium
• Excellent writing skills
• Microsoft office suite of applications
• Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
• Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Strong Splunk experience in creating effective dashboards and configuring incident and remediation workflows to remediate vulnerabilities and risk to the enterprise
• Tier 3 support for all Splunk Admins and End Users
• Splunk Best Practices, Operation Plans, Workflows and Processes
• Tuning and configuration of Splunk App for Enterprise Security (ES)
• Work with CISO Operations and Engineering to gather requirements for building content and use cases in Splunk.
• Assist in development of advanced security use cases in Splunk
• Handle User Enablement to include assist and/or train CISO Splunk team on data lifecycle support, assist and/or train CISO team and analysts on Content • Development, develop and implement automation and efficiencies with Splunk and CISO workflows, provide analyst training and workshops on using Splunk, and introduce new content, alerts and data sources to CISO Analysts.
Develop Data Lifecycles
• CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required) Security+, CISSP, Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or Certified Ethical Hacker, SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM CCNA, CCNP
• CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation - US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.