Lockheed Martin Firewall Security Engineer - Morrisville, NC in Raleigh, North Carolina
Description: Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting yet rewarding challenges as a Lockheed Martin Cyber Security professional. You’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Point of Sales Financial Assets, Critical infrastructure, Transportation, Automation and the uninterrupted flow of materials throughout the world which keeps our modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat prediction, detection and eradication before an adversary could gain a foot hold, using industry leading methodologies and tools. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the vast resources of Lockheed Martin Corporation to keep cyber threats at bay.
The candidate will be a member of the Lockheed Martin Cyber Solutions Team supporting a US Government and commercial customer. The candidate will review existing firewall rules for compliance, efficiency and accuracy.
• Experienced with firewall operations, management processes and leading practices.
• Experience with network firewalls and rule configuration for Cisco devices
• Review firewall rule sets and log analysis for inefficient, unneeded and unapproved rules
• Research problems and recommend solutions to improve firewall security
• Support a nationwide implementation of firewalls (Validate, test, and manage firewall rules)
• Familiarity with network discovery tools (e.g. RedSeal)
• Experience with ServiceNow Change/Incident/Problem management
• CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required) CompTIA Net+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security +, Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or Certified Ethical Hacker, GSEC, GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT).
• CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation - US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• Good communication skills in dealing with Telecommunications engineers and business owners
• Consult with other members of project team and develop requirements documentation
• Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
• Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.