Lockheed Martin Web Application Firewall Security Engineer - Morrisville, NC in Raleigh, North Carolina
Description: Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting yet rewarding challenges as a Lockheed Martin Cyber Security professional. You’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Point of Sales Financial Assets, Critical infrastructure, Transportation, Automation and the uninterrupted flow of materials throughout the world which keeps our modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat prediction, detection and eradication before an adversary could gain a foot hold, using industry leading methodologies and tools. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the vast resources of Lockheed Martin Corporation to keep cyber threats at bay.
The candidate will be a member of the Lockheed Martin Cyber Solutions Team supporting a US Government and commercial customer performing the following activities:
- Work closely with stakeholders to implement, maintain, and troubleshoot Shape / Akamai web application firewall appliances across select customer applications and ensure its peak performance.
- Work closely with other cybersecurity groups to coordinate and de-conflict protective measures.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Provide ongoing support to existing monitoring capabilities and data collection systems. Provide development support for the expansion and implementation of new systems.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities across a broad customer.
- Help to develop and document procedural guides, SOPs, and process flows for the functions performed
- Contributing to the development of re-engineering methods to improve processes, reduce risks, increase controls and/or increase customer satisfaction
Desired Skills: • Advanced technical expertise with Excel
• Strong knowledge of and experience with business intelligence software, databases (SQL etc).
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
• Experience working in a fast paced complex system
• Experience in a very large enterprise environment
• Understanding of working with a complex network is a plus
• Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
• Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
• Experience monitoring and interpreting traffic analytics to help identify malicious traffic.
• Ability to analyze and interpret raw data using Splunk and other analytic tools and statistical techniques to identify trends and patterns and provide ongoing insight and visibility to management.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required) CompTIA Net+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security +, Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or Certified Ethical Hacker.
• CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation - US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.