Lockheed Martin System Engineering Integration & Test Manager in Riviera Beach, Florida
Description: The qualified candidate will be the Special Programs Systems Engineering, Integration & Test Functional Manager providing technical leadership and functional management for approximately 15-20 engineers. The qualified candidate will have demonstrated previous systems engineering experience with development of CONOPs, requirement analysis, systems architecture (operational, functional, physical), systems analysis, and complete understanding of system lifecycle from system concept through system delivery. The manager will be responsible for providing the skills, tools, trainings, and processes to develop, optimize, and document system design and verification approaches. It is expected that the manager will be at least 50% applied doing direct program tasking. The manager will be responsible for development of the systems engineering, integration and test strategy in the areas of skills, tools and processes to drive efficiency and affordability.
The qualified candidate should have the following:
• Broad background in systems engineering and with specific experience in Matlab and DOORS and Systems Modeling.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of systems engineering processes, flow-down of system requirements, system architecture and the interaction of system and subsystem requirements that result in a firm set of system and subsystem level performance requirements, subsystem integration, and system test.
• Detailed knowledge of establishing and executing integration and test efforts from component-level through system-level verification and validation
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships is a must.
• Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to communicate well with peers and different levels of management.
• Proven leader who motivates, inspires, and teaches others. Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
• Demonstrated ability to provide clear guidance and direction to team while multi-tasking and prioritizing competing requirements.
• Thinks strategically, possess a focus on Mission Success and Continuous Improvement and act as change agent in responsible area with focus on affordability and advancing technical capabilities and innovation.
• Must exhibit leadership for executing practical application of SE processes on a development program and maintaining SE rigor while balancing cost, technical, and schedule.
• Previous experience in design and development of underwater vehicles
• Understanding & Experience with Rhapsody and SysML
• Understanding & Experience with Baseline Management Planning and Functional Test Elements
• Experience with model based system engineering (MBSE) for system development
• Experience with unmanned undersea vehicles and systems, DOORS®, demonstrated competency in applying systems engineering methodologies to system design utilizing SysML and use system modeling tools to create system definitions and architecture that have definitive traceability to the CONOPS and Requirements. Experience with Rhapsody®, MATLAB and Simulink. Practical knowledge and experience with system reliability and safety techniques and approaches.
• Preferred candidate will personally enjoy helping subordinates, colleagues, and associates through coaching, mentoring, career counseling, and technical help.
• Possess an active TS/SCI.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.