Lockheed Martin Web Application Development Intern in Rochester, New York
Description: The Web Application Development Intern will be responsible for developing modern web based applications to support Diagnostics, Prognostics and Health Management (DPHM) and advanced analytic solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, the design, development, test, maintenance and improvement of software. The successful candidate will work closely with and support Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Engineering subject matter experts to design and implement web applications that deliver timely and valuable business insights.
Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited University.
• 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
• Familiarity with modern web technologies such as Bootstrap, React, Node.js, JSON, REST and NoSQL
• Familiarity with software development tools such as JIRA, Git, NuGet and CI environments
• Software development experience with or coursework that covers one or more general programming languages
• Experience or coursework designing, developing, testing, maintaining and improving software
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle including distributed version control and agile development techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly explain the trade-offs between possible software solutions
• Extremely good problem solving and organizational skills
• Passion and ability to learning new languages and technologies
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.