Lockheed Martin Application Infrastructure Manager - Rockville, MD in Rockville, Maryland
Description: This Lockheed Martin Energy (LME) leadership position will support Software Development and Information Technology deployment for the Energy related field. The required work location is Rockville, MD and the candidate will support services and integration with the other LME sites. This position is not a telecommuting position. This leader will provide technical execution and people management responsibilities for a team of software developers, technical subject matter experts, Systems Administration professionals and IT support specialists. The successful candidate will be accountable for all day-to-day Software & Application Development and Systems Administration services. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as the manager and technical lead for custom software development for use with Energy clientele.
• Responsibilities include staff management and execution of activities related to Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud deployment and related Systems Administration activities.
• Provides staff guidance for COTS software and hardware product selection and integration with custom developed solutions.
•Provides direct management and supervision of a team of ten (10) Lockheed Martin technical personnel.
• Manages cost, schedule, technical, and risk in response to negotiated commitments.
• Coordination of staffing, hiring, resource prioritization and labor planning to ensure appropriate skill and experience to support LME software development and IT commitments.
• Meet Application, IT and Break-Fix/Service Request performance goals.
• Responsible for LM Commit, Merit, Promotion, Talent Planning, Training and Development activities for direct staff.
• Establishes metrics to measure performance against commitments and establish business rhythms to present to senior leadership.
• Organize and conduct service status reviews, team meetings and activities according to established business rhythms (i.e. Weekly Activity Reports, SitReps, MOR, etc.).
• Continually seeks and implements improvements that reduce cycle time, improve productivity, increase availability and reduce overall costs.
• Position requires ability to travel as needed to interface with customers, peer organizations and direct reports.
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills and exceptional team building abilities illustrated through previous professional work experience as a Full Spectrum Leader. (Ability to provide training, technical direction, and guidance for software development and IT operations to staff and management, as directed).
• Technical expertise in Software Development, IT Systems, Cloud related System Administration and Server Management tools.
• Proven ability to manage, lead and develop employees in Agile application development methodology.
• Process oriented individual with emphasis on test and configuration management.
• Supports the evaluation of computer hardware and software and selection of new hardware or system software, as directed.
• Generation of schedules and documents and recurring system procedures for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
• Experience in server compliance related to (but not limited to) cyber security.
• Experience with metrics reporting, analysis and compilation of information and data.
• Demonstrated effective project management skills, with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and assignments.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and/or lead virtual teams of diverse professionals from numerous locations; excellent delegation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to embrace and exemplify Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors, to include, but not limited to: leading change, deliver value, being accountable, demonstrates a learning environment, demonstrates a positive impact, embraces diversity and builds social acumen.
• Outstanding communications (written & verbal), interpersonal skills, and presentation skills including the ability to effectively communicate with senior management and technical leadership.
• Demonstrated experience with outstanding customer management and service skills, excellent team collaboration and motivation.
• Ability to manage manpower, priorities and the customer requirements.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Experience with MS Office.
• Prior classical Server Administration responsibilities and proven experience in workforce management to include planning, performance management & staffing.
• Understanding of DevOPS and continuous integration and application deployment knowledge desired.
• Understanding of storage technology, high performance computing and network knowledge desired.
• Ability to identify risks, security policies, performance management, fault management, configuration management, and security management.
• General understanding and knowledge of enterprise networks which includes, but not limited to: traffic flows, LAN and WAN technologies, and network design business goals.
• Demonstrated business acumen and ability to balance technical requirements with business needs.
• Demonstrated ability to reach across organizational boundaries to leverage best practices and share resources.
• Experience or familiarity with Lockheed Martin Enterprise Operations business area and/or enterprise wide IT processes and systems.
• Proven experience with Cost Account Management concepts.
• Lean Thinking/Six Sigma experience - Greenbelt or Blackbelt certified.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.