Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Sr in Rockville, Maryland
Description: This Lockheed Martin Corporate Engineering, Technology and Operations (CETO) software engineering position supports Enterprise Human Resources Information Technology (IT) applications. Duties may include IT support in areas such as analytics, software development, application troubleshooting, cloud computing, and big data design and development. Positions can be located in, but not limited to, Rockville, MD, King of Prussia, PA, Orlando, FL, or Denver, CO. Virtual will be considered.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of development concepts and the ability to apply them
• Demonstrated ability to be self-organized and work tasks to closure independently
• Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Experience working with Relational Database Management Systems and OLAP databases with strong SQL Background
• Experience with at least one or more Object Oriented Supported Languages: Java, Ruby, Python, C#
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a virtual team
• Proven ability to successfully operate in an interactive local and virtual team environment
• Experience developing with Big Data technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, Redshift)
• Experience with architecting solutions using AWS service offerings, including S3 and EMR
• Work experience in the development, installing, configuring and the tuning big data processing pipelines for the transfer of data from various sources into Hadoop using open or commercial ETL Tools.
• Experience working in MS Team Foundation Server or JIRA
• Use of tools such as Tableau, SAP Business Objects
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.