Lockheed Martin Field Technician - Logistics, Testing Support in San Diego, California
Description: Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment in support of SPAWAR Underwater Vehicle program. Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems. Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions at an operation-level to eliminate problems in minimum time. Installs, upgrades and removes products at operation-level in coordination with engineering. Maintains outstanding customer communications and relations.
At least two years of experience as a Deckhand in rigging and deck equipment for deployment and retrieval of
scientific equipment in a maritime environment. Preference will be given if experience is from small
boats (20’ to 40’ in length).
Daily work location at SSC PAC, Point Loma.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute work independently.
- Proficient in MS Office products to include Word and Excel.
- Ability to work on small boats.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Experience with 11m RHIB repair and operation
- At least five years of experience as a U.S. Navy Small Boat Coxswain, 200 hours of boat driving experience, and 200 hours of boat maintenance experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.