Lockheed Martin Logistics Management Analyst / San Diego, CA in San Diego, California
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach — and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Ship Integration and Test Installation and Logistics Representative & Waterfront Environmental Safety and Health officer. Waterfront Logistics coordinator at repair shipyards overseeing installation of AEGIS Combat System upgrades on US AEGIS DDG and CG Class ships. Waterfront Safety Officer responsible for Alteration Installation Team compliance with OSHA, US Navy, Regional Maintenance Center, State, and local safety regulation compliance.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Provide reports to Government, Lockheed Martin, and contractors.
• Develop All-Up Material Lists / Bill of Materials based on ship technical drawings.
• Track material locations and update material status for waterfront leads using shipping reports and shortage reports sent from planning yards.
• Interface with government representative to include conducting ORDALT inventories.
• Receive and organize material at installation locations, maintain material readiness, and coordinate material flow at waterfront.
• Employ LM Purchasing Card processes to procure materials and monthly reconcile expenses in LM P2P SAP.
• Attend daily safety walk-through with ship representatives and report findings to waterfront leads.
• Coordinate safety procedures at installation locations, document violations, and conduct safety training as needed.
• Utilize FedEx Ship Manager to generate domestic and international shipping documents including shipping hazmat materials.
• Contact freight carriers to track delivery status and resolve any freight delay issues.
• Position requires over 50% temporary and extended duty travel to Camden and Moorestown, NJ; Norfolk, VA; Mayport, FL; Bath, ME; Pascagoula, MS; Pearl Harbor, HI; Yokosuka, Japan; and Rota, Spain.
• Requires the ability to lift 25 lbs.
• May require shift work, working flex hours, overtime, and on occasion weekends and holidays.
• Experience in logistics or material analysis related fields of material handling, material procurement, and/or storeroom operations.
• Experience with hazardous material handling requirements.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Position requires good verbal and written communication skills, strong initiative characteristics, and exceptional teaming skills.
• Position requires ability to work in a diverse corporate/cultural team environment.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
• Candidate will be subject to drug screening as per company policy.
• Prior experience with Alteration Installation Team (AIT) installation and/or testing of upgrades on Aegis CG and DDG class ships.
• Prior experience at ship repair facilities or equivalent industrial environments.
• Prior experience with equipment engineering change installation (Field Changes, Engineering Changes, ORDALTs, SHIPALTs, Field Modification Bulletins)
• Prior operational experience in the AEGIS fleet.
• Experience working in a multi-organization team to accomplish a common goal.
• Ability to read and understand shipyard installation drawings.
• Environmental Safety and Health desired training: DOT Hazardous/Toxic Waste Management (40CFR) DOT General Awareness and Security training (49CFR) First Responder Training
• OSHA 10hr Maritime Safety
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.