Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Stf in San Diego, California
Description: Candidate will support Aegis Weapons System Operations & Maintenance at the Aegis Ashore Missile Defense Test Complex (Pacific Missile Range Facility, HI).
•Single Shift (Mon-Fri): 8 hours/day – must remain flexible for missions and testing
•Provide engineering leadership & support for the interfaces and capabilities and limitations
•Pre and Post Mission analysis – extract and reduce data
•Support “Next Generation” test assets or combat system upgrades
•Responsible for area of expertise to plan, brief and execution of tests and targets of opportunity
•Work as a team with systems engineers, computer program developers, test engineers, technicians, and customer representatives to support Aegis Ashore Missile Defense Test Complex (AAMDTC).
•Provide on-site technical & administrative leadership to LM team at AAMDTC.
•Maintain technical liaison with Program Management, Systems Engineering, Sustainment, subcontractors, and customer representatives. Ensure Combat System (CS) elements are fully functional and ready to support all test and operational events.
•Lead/support conduct of special tests and investigations.
•Coordinate and manage analysis of interface discrepancies that occur. Interface with equipment In-Service Engineering Agencies (ISEAs), Combat System Engineering Agent (CSEAs) and Software Support Activities (SSAs) as required in preparation for test and resolution of system issues. The successful candidate will possess extensive knowledge of Aegis Weapons System ADS, MMSP, or and/CND equipment safety, standard operating procedures, planned maintenance procedures, and thorough understanding of digital, analog, and microwave test practices. Significant experience with ADS, MMSP, and/or CND equipment suites, setup configurations, equipment interfaces and data extraction requirements required. Provide support as part of AAMDTC Multi-Element Integration & Test (MEIT) Team.
• Thorough understanding and extensive experience with AWS/MEIT systems
• Proven experience solving complex computer system problems and improving performance on one or more of the following platforms/operating systems: Sun/Solaris, DEC/OpenVMS, HP/HP-UX, Windows NT, Linux and Concurrent/PowerMAXOS.
• Ability to install, integrate and evaluate COTS products and tools.
• Expert understanding of the AWS, ACS interfaces, and SPY radar operations and capabilities
• Knowledge of data communications and networking is required.
• Candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
• Shipboard or land-based Aegis Weapon System (AWS) experience
• Basic knowledge of real-time computing environments
• Experience working with Aegis Baseline 9 and/or Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense baselines
• Multiple element engineering experience with Aegis Weapons System baselines.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.