Lockheed Martin Sr Radar Systems Test & Integration Engineer / AN/SPY-1 Radar System / San Diego, CA in San Diego, California
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Will support Aegis Combat System Integration Testing for DDG-51 and CG-47 Class ships as a Radar Systems Test and Integration Engineer as part of the Aegis Modernization Team – San Diego (AMT – SD).
Will be responsible for ensuring the AN/SPY-1 Radar System is operational and available to support Combat System testing during Aegis Modernization Availabilities.
After a successful training period the specific responsibilities include:
1. Responsible for ensuring the AN/SPY-1 Radar equipment suite, radar control computer program, and equipment interfaces are operational and ready to support all test events.
2. Provide AN/SPY Radar System status reports, as required, to the AWS Lead Engineer/ Test Directors
3. Review existing AN/SPY-1 test procedures, recommend changes, and document test procedure discrepancies for future revision
4. Execute Test Procedures and Test Plans as required to demonstrate radar performance for both in port and at sea test events and generate test reports
5. Analyze element test results and report findings as necessary to support those functional tests involving the AN/SPY-1 Radar System
6. Interface with equipment In-Service Engineering Agencies (ISEA), Combat System Engineering Agent (CSEA) and Software Support Activities (SSA) to research and resolve SPY system anomalies.
7. Lead troubleshooting of AN/SPY-1 Radar System equipment, configuration and computer program problems and document discrepancies
8. Ensure AN/SPY-1 radiation safety processes are up-to-date and followed within acceptable OSHA operating limits
9. Support crew familiarization with AN/SPY-1 Radar System equipment, maintenance and operations.
10. Support Fleet Readiness troubleshooting calls
Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
Candidate will be subject to drug screening as per company policy
Must be physically able to work aboard a U.S. Navy ship and support short underway periods
Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time CONUS and OCONUS
BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering discipline or applicable experience
Demonstrated experienced with Phased Array Radar hardware/software and testing procedures, and the ability to analyze test results and report findings
Demonstrated understanding of theory and operations of computer/network system
Demonstrated understanding of basic Electrical Test Equipment: Oscilloscope, Power Meters, Logic Analyzer
Demonstrated knowledge of LINUX/UNIX operating systems
Candidate should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with good written and verbal communication skills
Intermediate level of competence with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Power Point and Project)
1. Demonstrated knowledge of JAVA Network Tools and/or PYTHON Software
2. Demonstrated operational and hardware experience on any of the following Aegis radar systems signal processors: SPY-1B, 1D, 1D(V), Multi Mission Signal Processor (MMSP) and/or BMD Signal Processor (BSP)
3. Experienced with analysis of data extraction and analysis for the Aegis SPY-1 Radar
4. An understanding of US Navy preventive and corrective maintenance procedures and proficiency in reading technical documents is desired
5. Experience with large scale Ship Integration and Test practices
6. Experience interfacing with US Navy personnel and familiarity with US Navy command structure
7. Data Analysis and Automated Testing techniques
8. Experience with troubleshooting fiber optic, cable, power and cooling issues in equipment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.