Lockheed Martin Program Planner, Sr (early to middle career) in Santa Cruz, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual and wish to be a part of a meaningful American institution, we invite you to learn more about the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program! For over 60 years, the FBM team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
Lockheed Martin Space seeks an experienced, early to mid-career Program Planner to support the FBM program. This is an ideal opportunity to continue your career growth in Program Planning and Program Management at an exciting time on our program. If you are enthusiastic; a self-starter eager to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment; if you thrive in a dynamic environment; like to lead by example; and have the uncanny ability to influence and foster collaboration and teamwork that generates impactful results, then this an excellent opportunity for you! You will be part of a geographically distributed team which plans and manages detailed schedule networks from design, assembly, test, and into operations. Your responsibilities will include:
• Interface with Engineering, Finance and Business Operations, and Program Management while working with the entire planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline, and project requirements well into the future of the program
• Develop and maintain compliant Integrated Master Schedules which accurately and comprehensively validate contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program
• Work with cross-functional teams to drive progress and performance, monitor changes and status, and facilitate communication between stakeholders
• Assist in negotiating handoffs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules as well as facilitating workaround planning as required
• Serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience with Microsoft Project/Microsoft Project Server
• Experience with planning/scheduling for multiple types of projects (e.g. assembly & test, long lead, or engineering & development)
• Experience with critical path measurement analysis
• Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and Power Point
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Experience with multiple planning tool
• Earned Value Management experience (cost/schedule experience)
• SRA (Schedule/Risk Analysis) experience
• Experience presenting to Director level or above.
• Evidence of project lead responsibilities
• Production planning experience
• Experience with production inventory control systems
• Active Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.