Lockheed Martin Hardware Engineer in Santa Maria, California
Description: Seeking a hardware engineer to support the Western Range Modernization Network (WMN) program in Santa Maria, CA. The selected candidate will be assigned to the Range Deployment Team which conducts site surveys, fiber testing, system installation, and system support. The individual will support procurement, acceptance, staging, deployment, configurations, installation, and testing of network hardware required to support the upgrade of the Western Range Communications Subsystem. Responsibilities will include:
· Fabricate, test, troubleshoot/repair various types of cable assemblies, including but not limited to: coax, multi-conductor/-paired cables, and network cables.
· Installation of under-floor/over-head cable trays, conduit, and fiber innerduct.
· Reference and comprehend equipment manuals, product specification sheets, blueprints, drawings, and engineering sketches to complete range deployment tasks
· Correctly operate test equipment, connector crimpers, die inserts, stripping tools, power tools, and other common hand tools and shop equipment.
· Participate in cross-functional customer facing integrated product teams (IPTs).
· Support the Cyber/IA team to ensure network is hardened to meet security needs.
· Support Program Manager in estimating, reporting, and planning hardware deployment tasks.
· Adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job site safety, security, and timekeeping
Experience with electronic equipment fabrication & assembly, cable fabrication, equipment installation, and wiring termination/harnessing experience.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly establish proficiency on new IT products/product lines.
· Must have a current Secret clearance
Experience on a DoD system development program (Western Range experience a plus)
· Recognized certification in network technology (i.e. Network+, CCNA, etc.).
· Experience designing, configuring, installing, integrating and testing an IPv6 network.
· Experience with network hardware installation, configuration, and testing.
· Experience interfacing with a project Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
· Experience with common circuit/signal testers like Fireberd, Fluke, Oscilloscopes, etc.
· Experience with relevant industry software products like MS Office, MS Project, MS Sharepoint, etc.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.