Lockheed Martin Network Engineer in Santa Maria, California
Description: Seeking a network engineer to support the Western Range Modernization Network (WMN) program in Santa Maria, CA. The selected candidate will be assigned to the network engineering team and is responsible for making product recommendations, designing a network solution to meet Western Range needs, configuring network products to meet requirements, and troubleshooting network issues. The individual will directly support all engineering disciplines in the design of an upgraded Communications Subsystem (CMSS) architecture for the Western Range, allocation of CMSS network requirements, deployment and checkout, test preparation, and test execution. Network engineers help configure and maintain the Network Management System (NMS), and will work closely with the Cybersecurity team to ensure the network is hardened to meet security needs. Responsibilities will include:
• Analyze, design, configure, deploy, test, maintain and administer networks and related computing environments, including computer and network hardware, network services, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
• Support Range Deployment Team to configure facilities for developmental testing.
• Support Cybersecurity team to ensure network is hardened to meet security needs.
• Support Software Development Team to ensure code specifications meet CMSS needs.
• Support Program Manager in estimating, reporting, and planning network engineering tasks.
• Participate in Risk Management Boards (RMB) and identify network design risks.
• Participate in cross-functional customer-facing integrated product teams (IPT).
• Adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job site safety, security, and time-keeping.
Desired Skills: • Experience on a DoD system development program (Western Range experience a plus).
• Experience with common circuit/signal testers like Fireberd, Network Test Equipment, Oscilloscopes, etc.
• Experience interfacing with a project Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
• Experience with relevant industry software products like MS Server, MS Office, MS Project, MS Sharepoint, Linux, etc.
• Recognized certification in network technology (i.e. Network+, Security+, CCNA, etc.).
• Experience in network design, implementation, performance analysis, and testing.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly establish proficiency on new IT products/product lines.
• Current Secret clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.