Lockheed Martin Project Engineer in Santa Maria, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Ground & Flight Engineering Solutions (GFES) Program supports satellite launch processing, satellite assembly, integration & test (AI&T), other launch processing support functions and electronics manufacturing. The primary operating location is on the California Central Coast, near Vandenberg Air Force Base in Santa Maria, CA. Key elements of the GFES activities include systems & test engineering, ground support equipment operations & maintenance (O&M), electronics equipment & cable assembly and launch processing facilities O&M.
The GFES team has a need for a cleared project engineer with experience in flight hardware processing operations and systems testing.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You will support planning and integration of complex multi-organization projects. Work with internal groups and customers to plan and execute critical classified missions.
• You will develop work instructions and/or test procedures used with flight hardware processing operations as well as ground equipment rework, repair and maintenance tasks
• You will lead test teams (engineers, technicians and quality inspectors) performing operations such as satellite assembly & test, satellite launch processing, mechanical payload handling and maintenance of ground support equipment and anomaly troubleshooting & hardware rework/repair/retest
• You will act as test conductor for vehicle test operations
Travel is required.
You will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience developing and running test procedures or similar engineering instructions for ground equipment operation and maintenance tasks.
• Experience with troubleshooting, repair and retest of ground support equipment used in flight hardware assembly, integration & test.
• Must be willing to travel, work overtime, support odd shifts.
• A TS/SCI Clearance is required to start.
• LM Certified Test Conductor (CTC) is a plus.
• Strong communications skills (written, verbal and presentation skills).
• Project management or project engineering experience.
• Technical report preparation and presentation experience.
• Ability to work in teams, climb stairs, work in factory & launch site environments.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.