Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - O&M SME in Schriever AFB, Colorado
Description: Successful candidate must possess the ability to technically diagnose, mitigate/troubleshoot issues, and contribute to an on-site team providing 24x7 support to the C2BMC application suites that are globally dispersed in different time zones. Candidate will lead or participate in system troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance activities, to include on-site and/or telephonic maintenance support. Furthermore, candidate will serve as C2BMC application subject matter expert providing Level 2 troubleshooting, break fix and preventative maintenance actions, which involved interaction with remote C2BMC sites and different levels of leadership within the C2BMC Command Center. Candidate must be a self-starting problem solver, capable of planning, coordinating, directing and controlling their individual projects, and possess the capability to work with limited supervision and lead trouble shooting to resolution.
• Position is primarily Mon - Fri, however after hour, weekend, and on-call support may be required to meet operational mission requirements.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as required
• Must meet certification requirements of DOD 8570 IAT level II (Security + CE, CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP)
• Experience in system and/or network administration (UNIX, Linux, Windows, Cisco).
• Experience with operations and maintenance of large-scale computer and communications systems/networking environments.
• Proficiency in troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and emergency maintenance on hardware and software components.
• Experience in installation of hardware, software and information assurance patches.
• Previous experience in Systems Administration /Engineering in an O&M environment
• Scripting on Linux, UNIX or Windows servers and Windows Workstation.
• Experience with IBM SmartCloud Control Desk (SCCD) or other IT Service Management Products (ITSM)
• Understanding of Automated Provisioning best practices
• Proficiency in VMWare, VSphere, ESXi hosts, virtual machines, Microsoft Visio, Project, Word, PowerPoint and/or Excel.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.