Lockheed Martin Supplier Quality Engineer / Quality Assurance Engineer Staff in Seattle, Washington
Description: This is a deployed position working in the Pacific Northwest, USA and British Columbia, Canada. Willing to travel to and between suppliers, approximately 40% travel, working to complete customer obligations.
This position is part of the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company Supplier Quality Management team. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading a deployed team to achieve total quality performance across multiple sites for a highly visible, strategic supplier that produce major airframe and systems components.
Candidate needs thorough knowledge background in GD&T, CMM, DPD, MSA, Tooling, AS9100, AS9102, AS9103. Black or Green belt certification is a plus with working knowledge of Six Sigma preventive tools PDCA, PFMEA, SIPOC, IPO, DOE, Mistake Proofing and Gap Analysis.
Must have expert knowledge and effectively apply root cause analysis, FMEA, Cause Mapping, Cause & Effect diagrams, A3, Fault Tree analysis, and structured RCCA for effective corrective action.
Goals are to lead the supplier through the process of developing and executing plans that ensure long term flow of defect-free products in support of LM Aero production.
The selected candidate will be accountable for collaborating with functional organizations and executive leadership at the supplier sites and at LM Aero to solve technical and contractual issues, and for ensuring supplier performance is aligned with achieving quality and affordability goals while sustaining production delivery requirements.
Must be a US Citizen.
• Proficient in Blueprint Reading and First Article Inspection (FAI)
• Interpretation of Engineering Process Specifications
• Expert level verification of mechanical methods for complex machined parts and assemblies
• Working level knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Understanding order of engineering precedence and CATIA models
• Understand and validate quality planning
• Expert level RCCA ensuring effectiveness of CA plans
• Expert level of surveillance of QMS / manufacturing processes
Proficient in building working relationship with suppliers at all leadership levels
• Self-starter working high level of autonomy
• Comfortable with high pressure scenarios responding to high visibility and critical situations for quality issues and production support
• Certified Black / Green belt lean and Six-Sigma quality engineering methodologies
• Experience in composites, machined part, aircraft tooling and aircraft assembly/finishes
• Predictive surveillance quality systems for deficiency identification and correction
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline; or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.