Lockheed Martin Business Operations Director- RMS Sikorsky Global Military Systems & Services in Shelton, Connecticut
Description: This position is responsible for providing F&BO Leadership to the Global Military Systems and Services (GMSS) market segment within Sikorsky Aircraft. GMSS has responsibility for program execution for all International Military Programs (Turkish Utility Helicopter Program, Canadian Maritime Helicopter Program, International Black Hawk, Fire Hawk, and S-70M) and Aftermarket. GMSS is comprised of over 30 programs and includes Joint Ventures in multiple locations, including Turkey, UAE, India, and Saudi Arabia. This position will be based in Shelton, CT. (2019 Op Plan – Orders $466M, Sales $742M, EBIT $76M, Cash $71)
Financial performance and forecasting responsibilities include:
Oversight of the monthly GMSS Financial closing, variance analysis, and reporting in support of internal management review meetings
Present GMSS closing information and variance analysis at the Sikorsky senior management review meetings
Investment and market analysis to assist leadership in business decision for the GMSS market segment
Development and management of the GMSS long range plan, as well as, the strategic management review conducted within the planning process
Support of Joint Ventures Business Case analysis
Ensuring on time delivery of both internal and external deliverables
Supporting the RMS Integration activities
Manage submissions in support of financial presentations and publications for the GMSS Programs organization including supporting commentary and documentation. Financial presentations and publications include Monthly Sikorsky SLT Review, OMM’s, Board of Director’s Presentations, CSR, Annual Plan Book publication and various dashboards.
Identify, drive, and support key business initiatives and partner with the operating team to meet business objectives. Responsible for evaluating new business in international/competitive markets where regulations vary widely requiring sound financial strategies to win and execute profitable programs.
Lead staff of 35 finance professionals and ensure on time delivery performance to internal and external customers. Responsible for development of employees through training and engagement.
Position reports to: Sikorsky’s CFO.
• Experience in business leadership roles with proven track record of success with international/DCS preferred.
• Strong business acumen with proven experience in thinking strategically and implementing tactically within an organization. This includes generation of business cases with appropriate financial metrics (IRR, NPV, IRR, ROIC, etc) for review with management and board.
• Superb attention to detail and the ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret the complex business documents to include legal agreement(s).
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with particular skills in leading and directing both the strategic and operational activities throughout the organization.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally and to collaborate well with management team, employees, customers and other strategic partners.
• Able to work effectively under tight and changing deadlines to successfully meet objectives.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.