Lockheed Martin Procurement Affordability Professional in Shelton, Connecticut
Description: - This position will focus Primarily on projects related to the CH53K program and the responsible individual will be considered the lead for this program.
- This individual will directly and be accountable to the LM RMS Sikorsky AAT business area lead.
- Coordinates within Supply Chain, Manufacturing/Sustainment, Design Engineering, the Supply Base and Industry experts to facilitate affordable solutions in support of RMS & LM BA's Accelerating Affordability Transformation (AAT) efforts.
- Analyzes schedule/data, designs, integrates with project negotiation team for schedule of task completion activity, determine project team limitations, supplier negotiation issues, and assist RMS and other BA's supply chain teams to achieving the best lowest cost solution for our upcoming negotiations/captures.
- Investigates and recommends potential project teams negotiation issues/progress/assessments of response from negotiation teams to achieve desired costs, data analytics, and historical performance.
- Facilitate negotiation trade-offs and standardization of corporate AAT process that may lead to more economical procurement negotiation process across LM.
- Supports team in gathering saving artifacts for independent saving validation. Accountable in meeting/exceeding the Supply Chain affordability targets in alignment to our AAT commitments for the supply chain BA.
- Supporting member of the VA project office to aide teams (SMT or CMT). Will be responsible for the tier 2 negotiation team project schedule and updating and ensuring accurate monitoring of estimated >100 projects annually.
- This role will also be responsible to expand training initiatives across the RMS Sikorsky business area to include standard training as well as supporting the AAT rollout of the new BOM Market Base Pricing process/tool intended to enhance our data analytics capabilities for determining Lowest Defendable price.
- Will be assigned other duties in line with business priorities to support affordability and /or Supply Chain Value Engineering or Strategy initiatives.
- Will be responsible to coordinate all program related Value Engineering projects and facilitate effective meetings that enable project identification, development, execution and closure. Will interface routinely with the LM Value Engineering business area lead to assure VE mission objectives are being met.
- Will be assigned other duties in line with business priorities to support business priorities to support affordability and / or supply chain Value Engineering strategy initiatives.
- Some travel is required
- Engineering degree in engineering/technical discipline.
- Supply chain, tech ops and/or manufacturing functional experience at least 14 years.
- Proven skills and accomplishments in achieving aggressive saving targets.
- Ability to lead team and to be a effective team player and team leader.
- Effective communication and listening skills.
- Sound financial knowledge for creating business cases and in evaluating cost.
- Proven negotiation skills/experience.
- Creative; bring and leverage new ideas, Be open to new ideas to achieve greater returns for the enterprise.
- Analytically Biased; Leverage the data, tools and analysis to prove/disprove key hypotheses for affordability. Be bold and open with your counter offer to suppliers when the data calls for it.
- Former OLDP/ELDP graduate.
- Master degree in Business and/or engineering with at least 12 years of related experiences.
- Previous leadership assignments/skills.
- Proven ability to effect change and lead a diverse cultural evolution in achieving affordability objectives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven Project Management experience.
- Past experience in managing project execution across a diverse organization/function team.
- Experience from other functional roles beyond Supply Chain, for example: Quality, Manufacturing, IT, etc.
- Considered an emerging authority.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.