Lockheed Martin Documentation Control Specialist, Early Career in Silverdale, Washington
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you ready for a change and an exciting new opportunity in 2019? Are you looking to launch your career in an exciting industry ? Do you have documentation and process improvement experience? Are you an analytical problem solver who enjoys interacting with multiple partners and takes pride in your work? If so, this could be the next phenomenal opportunity for you. Join our Strategic and Missile Defense team as a Documentation Control Specialist. This is an entry level/early career opportunity within the Program Planning and Documentation (PP&D) organization of Lockheed Martin (LM) located at the Strategic Weapons Facility, Pacific (SWFPAC) in Silverdale, Washington.
In this role you will:
• Serve as one central point of contact for the receipt, promulgation and distribution of Special Weapons Ordnance Publications documentation.
• Liaise between multiple LM organizations and the Navy Customer to ensure configuration management and control over contractor and government processing documents.
• Apply self-assessment and improvement techniques to streamline and refine existing documentation processes and procedures.
• Receive, incorporate and oversee release of documentation to SWFPAC Document Custodians to support fleet, missile and support equipment processing schedules and contract deliverables.
This position requires an Interim Secret Clearance to start. U.S. Citizenship required. A current / active clearance is preferred.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the many benefits you available to you as one of our teammates:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• You will have experience interacting with internal and external customers.
• MS Office experience
• US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and/or maintain your Secret clearance; cannot be a dual citizen.
• Demonstrate the desire and ability to work in a team environment and cultivate effective working relationships.
• Be able to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Communicate clearly and effectively.
• Deliver high-quality, error-free output.
• Have working knowledge of Special Weapons Ordnance Publication (SWOP) documentation requirements.
• Lead change from an optimistic point of view.
• Strong closure skills.
• Aerospace Experience.
• Ability to understand working in a military environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.