Lockheed Martin Ordnance Mechanic Associate in Silverdale, Washington
Description: Under the guidance of higher-level personnel, perform tasks associated with post DD-250 final assembly and sub assembly of missiles as well as tasks associated with processing their designated warheads. Assist in determining the sequence of events and equipment required to perform any post DD-250 final assembly and disassembly tasks related to missile operations such as packaging, unpackaging, modification, repair, checkout, testing, movement, removal and installation of mechanical and electrical components, mate and demate of warheads and related operations. Assist with the use of test, handling, support and load carrying equipment. Under direct technical assistance and guidance assist in performing reentry body repairs and component replacement of RBAs. Preparation and maintenance of documentation is a requirement for missiles, reentry bodies and support equipment.
A pre-employment physical exam, background check and drug screen and Interim Secret clearance required.
Desired Skills: - Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Demonstrated mechanical abilities should be considerable and readily apparent through the description of prior job experience
- Knowledge of preventative and corrective maintenance systems
- FBM program experience and knowledge of Lockheed Martin-SWFPAC business operations
- Basic computer skills
- Typically requires minimum of 18 months of FBM weapon systems experience or knowledge of warhead or reentry systems assembly, disassembly, handling, testing and maintenance to establish proper processing techniques for all related tasks, including the maintenance of test, handling and support equipment. In lieu of FBM experience, candidates who display the mechanical ability and aptitude for technical operations within a team structure may also be considered.
- Willingness to work with and around missile body sections, ordnance, and radiation producing devices
- Candidate must be willing to work swing and graveyard shifts as required to support operational commitments
- Candidate must be able to lift 45 lbs., be able to climb vertical ladders and exhibit manual dexterity and be able to pass a pre-employment physical exam
- Candidate must be able to qualify for and maintain Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) certification and be motivated towards work within a high security production environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.