Lockheed Martin Warehouse Associate in Silverdale, Washington
Description: Perform warehouse functions including: receiving, shipping, storage, packaging, issuing and controlling material & equipment. Perform inventories of stored equipment and material. Prepare, process and monitor supply requisitions and turn-in documents, assist with all production service worker functions and perform supply warehouse operations. Learn ordnance handling and packaging methods and processes. Candidate will be trained, qualified and certified during day shift but may be transferred to second shift when or if needed. A pre-employment physical exam is required.
Through formal classroom training and through on the job training, acquire a working knowledge of material handling functions utilizing various types of Material Handling Equipment (MHE). Work to be performed consists of ordering, receiving, repackaging, labeling, inventory and monitoring of shelf life and hazardous materials. Perform duties in support of the Consolidated Hazardous Material Reutilization and Inventory Management Program (CHRIMP), which provides life-cycle management of hazardous and shelf-life materials. Process expired materials and dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with local procedures. Track container returns and dispense
hazardous material from larger containers into smaller unit sizes.
- Ability to read and comprehend warehouse documents and to use simple arithmetic
- Ability to use computers and barcode scanners as required and perform tasks utilizing a variety of data systems
- Warehouse experience with material handling proficiency utilizing various types of forklifts, pallet jacks, and dolly’s
- Experience with taking inventories of materials and issuing/receiving parts
- Possess and maintain a valid Washington state driver's license
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance, with an Interim Secret required to start
- Must be a US Citizen. Cannot be a dual citizen
- Familiar with Government MILSTRIP requisitioning and associated receiving forms
- Experience with various packaging methods and shipping practices
- Experience with ordnance handling and magazine operations
- Familiar with shelf life management of hazardous materials
- Be detailed oriented with ability to maintain accurate records
- Good interpersonal skills; team player; good attitude toward work in teaming environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.